SOUND IMAGE 2013: Photo Exhibition and Contest
SOUND IMAGE PHOTO EXHIBITION AND CONTEST
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Sound Image is a music-themed exhibition. It was a huge success last year and we are doing it again, bigger and better, this time during Canadian Music Week!!
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOUR MUSIC PHOTOGRAPHY! SEND US MUSICAL PERFORMANCES, CROWDS AND ARTISTS AS CAPTURED THROUGH YOUR LENS.
Deadline for Submissions: FEBRUARY 20, 2013
We will begin accepting submissions Friday, January 18th.
Exhibition: March 19- April 5
Opening Reception: MARCH 19, 7-11 PM
Opening night with live music, drinks and prizes
Musical Guest: TBA!
Submission Fee: $30.00 Apply Now
Analogue Gallery offers a continuously evolving selection of images from over fifty photographers spanning more than 50 years of Rock & Roll History. We encourage the submission of exhibition proposals from emerging, mid-career, and established artists who approach the theme of music in innovative ways.
Judges from the fields of both music and photography will be announced shortly!! Selected photographers will participate in an exciting group exhibition, earning the opportunity to sell their work and the chance to win amazing prizes. Additionally, their images will be featured on the website and through our social media channels. The grand prize winner will be represented on our site, as well as winning some good swag! There will also be an online winner based on Facebook “likes”.
Prizes: -TBA (Trust us, they’ll be good).
Please submit the following by email to [email protected] as a zipped folder (images as jpegs and documents as PDFs). Please state in the email subject line your name and ‘Analogue Gallery Submission’:
1. Up to 5 images of your best music photography. Image files should be no more than 1024 pixels wide and formatted for MAC.
2. An image list indicating price, title, year, medium and dimensions. Please also include a caption for each image explaining how you came to get the shot.
3. A short background on the photographer.
• Analogue Gallery handles all material with care; but cannot accept responsibility for lost/damaged materials.
• Late submissions will not be accepted.
• Submissions will not be accepted without confirmation of fee payment. Submission Fees are non-refundable.
• Selected work must be exhibition-ready (framed according to our guidelines and ready to hang) and dropped off to the gallery no later than March 17th during our business hours.
*Printing & framing is available through Analogue Gallery at the following prices: 8x10 - $125.00
16x20 - $175.00
20x24 - $225.00
30x40 - $350.00
• Gallery retains 50% commission of sold work
Direct inquiries to: