SOUND IMAGE: Photo Exhibition and Contest
SOUND IMAGE PHOTO EXHIBITION AND CONTEST
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Sound Image is a music themed exhibition.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOUR MUSIC PHOTOGRAPHY! SEND US MUSICAL PERFORMANCES, CROWDS AND ARTISTS AS CAPTURED THROUGH YOUR LENS.
Deadline for Submissions: December 1st, 2011
Exhibition: December 14 – 22, 2011
Opening Reception: December 15th, 2011. 6 – 10 pm
Opening night with live music, drinks and hors d’ouerves.
Musical Guest: TBA!!!!
Analogue Gallery offers a continuously evolving selection of images from over fifty photographers spanning more than 50 years of Rock & Roll History. We encourage the submission of exhibition proposals from emerging, mid-career, and established artists who approach the theme of music in innovative ways.
Judges include legendary rock photographer, Barrie Wentzell, Analogue Gallery’s Director and resident music photographer, Lucia Graca, and a TBA special guest. Selected photographers will participate in an exciting group exhibition, earning the opportunity to sell their work and the chance to win amazing prizes. Additionally, their images will be featured on the website and in social media, where online voting will determine an overall winner who will have the opportunity to be represented by Analogue Gallery.
Prizes: -TBA (Trust me, they’ll be good.)
Please submit the following by email as a zipped folder to: [email protected] (images as jpegs and documents as PDFs). Please state in the email subject line your name and ‘Analogue Gallery Submission’:
1. Up to 5 images representing the theme around music. Image files should be no more than 1024 pixels wide and formatted for MAC.
2. An image list indicating price, title, year, medium and dimensions.
3. A curriculum vitae, or biography.
• Analogue Gallery handles all material with care; but cannot accept responsibility for lost/damaged materials.
• Late submissions will not be accepted.
• Submissions will not be accepted without PayPal confirmation of fee payment. Submission Fees are non-refundable.
• We thank you for your submission! As this is a curated competition only selected works will be featured in the exhibit.
• Submission responses will be sent out the first week of December.
• Selected work must be exhibition ready (framed and ready to hang) and dropped off to the gallery no later than December 13th between the hours of 12 – 7 pm. *Framing is available through Analogue Gallery and offering 25% discount for work submitted into this show.
• Gallery retains 50% commission of sold work.
Direct inquiries to: